myChargerNet Help and FAQ
What is myChargerNet?
myChargerNet is your gateway to information and web based services at Columbia State and beyond. myChargerNet differs from a simple web page with links because it provides secure, single sign-on access to tools and content that are integrated into a customizable and flexible interface. Not only will myChargerNet provide you with access to services you already use from one central location but it will introduce you to services that are either new or that you didn't realize were available. Columbia State is actively working to expand myChargerNet so please check back frequently as we add tools and content.
How do I get an account and log in?
- If you are a New Student at Columbia State you will be able to log in to myChargerNet 24 hours after you have been fully admitted to the institution. Your username and password for myChargerNet will be the same username and password for your pvt account (your account to access the Columbia State Network)
- If you don't already know your pvt username and password you can use the pvt lookup utility also located on the myChargerNet login page.
- If you are a Current Student you will be able to log on with your pvt username and password. Once you graduate or leave the institution your myChargerNet account will be maintained until there are 3 years of inactivity at which point the account will be terminated.
- If you are a New Employee you will be able access myChargerNet as soon as IT receives appropriate documentation from the HR office. If you retire from Columbia State you can continue to use myChargerNet but the account will be automatically terminated if there are 3 years of inactivity. Access to myChargerNet is terminated immediately for those employees who leave the institution for reasons other than retirement. All Employees will log in with your pvt username and password.
Where can I get help with my login or password?
If you have forgotten your password or can't log in please contact the IT helpdesk.
What browsers are compatible with myChargerNet?
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
is suggested. The following browsers have also been checked for functionality:
Windows: Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape 7.2, 8.1, Firefox 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
Macintosh: Safari 1.3.9, 2.0,
Firefox 126.96.36.199, Netscape 7.0, 7.2
Linux: Firefox 2.0
Is the information on myChargerNet secure?
When you sign on to myChargerNet and enter information into a Columbia State form as part of a secure web transaction your information is encrypted using standard internet protocol. Please remember though that there are some links in myChargerNet that may lead to web sites that are not secure. Also, always be sure to log out of myChargerNet before leaving the computer. Anyone with access to your computer will have access to your account as long as the connection is still active.
Why doesn't the browser's back and forward button work in myChargerNet?
The best way to navigate within the portal are to use the tabs and links to go from one location to another.
Why does myChargerNet automatically log me out?
The portal is equipped with an automatic log out feature that is currently set to 60 minutes. If you accidentally forget to log out this feature will give you some added protection. However, this does not replace the need to make sure that you always log out each time you complete a session on the myChargerNet portal. You will also see a reminder prompt just prior to the automatic log out after a period of inactivity which allows you to remain logged in.
What are the key components of myChargerNet?
Inside myChargerNet you'll find, icons, tabs and channels arranged inside an initial layout.
- A tab is an individual page within myChargerNet that contains channels. The tabs that you're able to view will depend on your role at Columbia State.
- A channel is an individual piece of information on a tab, like an announcement, news feed or photograph.
- Icons launch a particular application or link to a service and are located at the top of the page above the tabs.
- The layout is the initial configuration of myChargerNet. You're able to add, move, and delete some channels and can maximize and minimize channel windows. As myChargerNet continues to grow you'll have more channels of tools and information to select from.
Will all faculty, staff and students see the same view of myChargerNet?
The content that you see will depend upon your role at Columbia State. Currently there are separate roles for Faculty, Employees and Students. More roles can be added as updates to the software are developed and implemented.
Can I customize myChargerNet?
Yes, you can customize the portal by clicking on the Content/Layout link in the upper left corner of the portal. Then click on the tab you want to change and you can modify columns and add and delete some of the channels. When you've finished making changes, click on the back link on the Content/Layout page (not the back button on your browser) to return to myChargerNet.
Why can't I delete or move some of the channels?
Some of the channels are locked and not movable because they are considered to be default channels for a given tab.
How can I subscribe to a channel?
As the portal grows over time, you'll have access to more and more optional channels. In order to subscribe or re-subscribe to a channel, follow these easy steps:
* Click on the Content/Layout link in the upper left portion of the screen.
* Select the Tab where you would like the channel to appear.
* Position your mouse in the column where you would like the channel to appear.
* Click New Channel
* Click on the drop down menu and select a channel category and click go.
* Select the channel of your choice and click add
* Press the back button in the upper left of the Content/Layout page to return.
(Note: this is not the back button on your browser!!!)
How will I know that new channels are available?
New channels will be announced on the Home tab within the portal.
What is the Groups feature?
The Groups feature allows faculty, staff and students the ability to create and maintain homepages for committees, teams, clubs and or groups with common interests. The groups homepage enables chat, discussion, and the ability to archive and share files. Groups can either be public or restricted. Groups must meet basic criteria before being approved. Groups can consist of students or employees and must be related to activities at Columbia State. Groups must also comply with the acceptable use policy for information technology at Columbia State.
- Students may request access to the groups feature. Student groups must be registered through the office of Student Life and have a group sponsor. Faculty may also make a request on behalf of student groups. A form to request a group can be obtained from the office of Student Life and if approved will be submitted to the myChargerNet administrator.
- Employees may request a group for business related functions that are approved by Columbia State. Examples include committees, project teams or any other group formed to accomplish Columbia State business objectives. The group leader may submit a request to the myChargerNet administrator for approval and a reply should be provided within 3-5 business days.
How do I join a group?
The Group Guest View screen provides general information about a group and provides a link you can use to join the group. To access a group's guest view page, first access the Group Studio application and then click the Groups Index tab. Use the Groups Index screen to search for a group. The system will display the results of your search on the Group Search Results screen. Click the name of the group you want to join to view the group's guest view page. There are three types of groups:
To join a public group:
1. Click Join Group on the Guest View screen. You see the Join a Group page.
2. Read the membership policy, and click the checkboxes showing you have read and understand your institution's group membership policy and agree to share your username and e-mail address with other group members.
3. Click Join to join the group, or click Cancel to exit without joining.
4. If you choose to join the group, you will see a message stating you have been made a member of the group. The group will now appear in your My Groups index and you will be able to access its member page.
To join a restricted group:
1. Click Join Group on the Guest View screen. You see the Join a Group page.
2. Read the membership criteria and verify you meet the criteria.
3. Click the checkboxes showing you have read and understand your institution's group membership policy and agree to share your username and e-mail address with other group members.
4. In the appropriate text entry field, enter the reasons you want to join the group.
5. Click Join to join the group, or click Cancel to exit without joining.
6. If you choose to join the group, you will see a message stating your membership request has been submitted. Once accepted, the group will appear in your My Groups index and you will be able to access its member page.
Since hidden groups do not have a guest view page, you cannot join a hidden group online. If you are invited to join a hidden group, the system administrator will add your user account to the hidden group and then notify you of your new group membership.